Keep Reading and You’ll Discover…
Louisiana Estate Planning & Business/Tax Law Services Provided
As a Board Certified Estate Planning and Administration Specialist (Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization) I can help you with all of your estate planning needs, including:
- Wills, including wills with and without personal servitudes and testamentary trusts.
- Trusts, including Irrevocable Trusts, Revocable Trusts, Marital Trusts, Living Trusts, Charitable Trusts, Grantor Trusts, Life Insurance Trusts, Subchapter S Trusts, Residence Trusts, Forced Heirship Trusts, Spendthrift Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Asset Protection Trusts, and Generation Skipping Trusts.
- Incapacity Planning, including General Powers of Attorney, Medical Powers of Attorney, Medicaid Planning, and Curatorship Proceedings, as well as qualifying for Medicaid and avoiding loss of your assets to a nursing home.
- Advanced Estate Planning, including Estate Freeze Strategies, Discounting and Gifting Strategies, Crummey Trusts, Sales to Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts, Family LLCs, Private Annuities, and Private Foundations.
- Probate and Estate Administration, including Opening Succession and Preparation of Succession Pleadings, Avoiding Probate, Representation of Forced Heirs, Death Tax Planning, Renunciations and Disclaimers, Estate and Trust Income Tax Return Preparation, Defending and Asserting Will Contests, Incapacity, and Undue Influence, and Representation of Succession Representatives.
- Estate and Trust Litigation, including representation of heirs for trusts poorly drafted by other attorneys, representation of clients for breaches of fiduciary duties owed them by trustees and estate administrators.
As a Board Certified Tax Law Specialist (Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization) and a CPA, I can also help you with all of your business law and tax needs, including:
- Asset Protection Planning, including Family Business and Investment Entities, Dissolution of the Community Property Regime to protect marital assets, Offshore Asset Protection Trusts, Business Entities, LLC, Corporations, and S Corporations.
- Corporate and Transactional Law, including Business Formation and Reorganizations, Limited Liability Companies (LLCs), Corporations (C corporations and S corporations), Partnerships, Non-Profit Corporations, Mergers and Reorganizations, Liquidations, and Entity Conversions, Contracts, Buy-Sell Agreements, Employment Agreements, Lease Agreements, Family Loans and Gifts, Business Sales and Purchases.
- Representation Before the IRS and Taxing Authorities, including Tax Audits, Examinations, and Administrative Appeals, Federal Tax Litigation before the U.S. Tax Court and U.S. District Court, State Income and Sales Tax Representation and Litigation, Tax Settlements (Offers in Compromise), and Installment Agreements.
- Tax Consulting, including Tax Reduction Strategies, Individual Income Tax Consulting, Corporate Income and Franchise Tax Consulting, Partnership Tax Consulting, Estate Tax Consulting, Tax Consulting for Income Tax on Trusts and Estates.